Still more wacky blog searches. February 25, 2010Posted by ourfriendben in wit and wisdom.
Tags: bizarre blog searches, blog searches, blog humor, wacky blog searches
Our friend Ben and Silence Dogood aren’t especially happy about this winter’s weather trends. True, we’re not surprised that the snow and sleet are drowning us, after a sustained very wet spring, summer, and fall. But sheesh! As I write, we’ve had at least 48 inches of snow so far this winter—four times our average—with another foot expected over the next two days. That’s 60 inches, enough to bury Silence up to her neck! (Ow, Silence, no offense! Just reporting the facts!)
Anyway, to take our minds off the predicted deep snows, high winds, and power outages, we’d like to provide a little blog humor, courtesy of some of the searches that have recently turned up on our blog. These are captured for us by our blog host, WordPress, and, given the breadth of our subject matter, are always curious and often hilarious. Here are some of the latest and greatest, with, of course, our responses:
* Frugal living and plastic: Don’t ask, don’t tell.
*Poor old richard’s almanac: Oh, dear. Our friend and fellow blog contributor Richard Saunders is not amused!
*Hat was the roosevelt’s square deal act: Uh, we’re assuming that would be “what.”
* Sir richard’s almanac: Richard Saunders says, “Now that’s more like it!”
* Moles on full body the Chinese almanac: We suggest that you check out the Crash Test Dummies’ “Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm” and leave us alone.
* Cheese of the month cheap: Good luck. If you find something good, please check back in and let us know.
* Allergy to stink bug saliva: If you’ve been kissing stink bugs, we don’t want to know about it.
* A cream soup recipe lab: Um, thanks, but please keep your lab recipes to yourself.
* Photos delightful older ladies: Every conceivable comment suppressed, and please get off our blog.
Stay warm, dry, and well-fed,
Our friend Ben, Silence, Richard Saunders, Shiloh, Linus, Plutarch, and beyond.