Too hot to handle. August 12, 2012Posted by ourfriendben in wit and wisdom.
Tags: favorite summer foods, hot-weather foods, vote for your favorite foods
It’s hot, it’s humid, it’s horrible. But we still have to eat. What’s your favorite hot-weather meal?
1. fried chicken (or fried fish or fried seafood), coleslaw, hushpuppies or fries
2. pulled pork (or your favorite barbecue), fried okra (or fried green tomatoes or fries), watermelon or cantaloupe
3. fajitas, Mexican-style roasted corn, chips and salsa or nachos
4. burgers, corn on the cob, veggie kabobs, salad
5. BLTs, fries, and salad
6. pizza and salad (or pizza, wings and salad)
7. barbecue, pasta salad or mac’n’cheese, and baked beans
8. falafel sandwiches, pita and hummus, Greek salad
9. Caprese salad (tomatoes, basil and fresh mozzarella) with whole-grain bread and olive oil/herb dipping sauce
10. broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, and scallions with plenty of hummus for dipping, followed with fresh fruit
11. a fresh fruit platter (pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, honeydew, kiwi, blueberries, etc.) or a big fruit salad
12. a big bowl of hot, buttered popcorn and a nice cold beer
13. Chinese takeout
14. Subway sandwiches and chips
15. grilled veggies and rice with corn, black bean, tomato and cilantro salad
Vote for your favorite, or tell us what you love that we forgot to add! And hey everybody, try to stay cool!